Every month I'll be showing you how I create an acoustic version of the most popular song, according to Billboard, because...we ALL love stripped down, acoustic versions of pop songs, right?? I know I do! When I decided to do this, I knew I had to make some rules or you guys might get fussy on me. Yeah? So, here's my self-imposed rules:
- Whatever is #1 on the first of the month on the Billboard Hot 100 charts http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100 will be the song I’ll cover.
- The work session will be released the second Friday of that month
- If the number 1 song was number 1 the previous month and I’ve already covered it, I’ll do the number 2 song
- I reserve the right to NOT do the number 1 song if a client of mine is going to do an acoustic version of the song
- I reserve the right to NOT do the number 1 song if it is an offensive song to me and I can't make simple modifications to make it less offensive. In that case, I’ll move to the number 2 song.
You can buy the full acoustic accompaniment track on iTunes, Amazon, loudr.fm, or other digital stores. Link will be posted in the video description as soon as it’s available.
If you buy the accompaniment, record yourself singing it, upload it and then tag me!! @voxfox2
Here's the first episode, featuring the hit song "Closer" by the Chainsmokers ft Halsey.